The Iridium 9575 Extreme is the latest phone from Iridium. Meeting the highest resistance to moisture and dust criteria in a satellite phone so far, we expect this phone to be the work horse of the future. Packed with features including an *SOS button that when activated will transmit you GPS co-ordinates to a number of pre determined recipients, this will be the phone chosen by many who want the best available.
* As with all satellite communication the SOS feature will need the phone to have clear line of sight visibility to the network.
The Iridium network has 66 satellites in its global network and generally speaking is not directional in use when compared to some of the other networks.
The Iridium 9575 is supplied with a small magnetic base antenna which will assist in-vehicle reception. A vehicle will shield a satellite phone from the satellites if no external antenna is fitted. When using a normal mobile phone you may experience drop outs as you drive through a cellular network and you are handed from one mobile tower to another. Similarly you may experience a drop out as the network rotates around the earth and you are handed from one satellite to another.
If the availability of receiving calls is a priority for you then we usually recommend the Iridium network or installing an in-vehicle kit if using the Inmarsat phone and network.
Specifications and features
Dimensions: 140 mm (L) x 60 mm (W) x 27 mm (D)
- Standby time: Up to 30 hours
- Talk time: Up to 4 hours
- 200 character illuminated graphic display
- Volume, signal and battery strength meters
- Illuminated weather-resistant keypad
- Integrated speakerphone
- Quick-connect to Iridium voice mail
- Two-way SMS and short email capability
- Pre-programmable International Access Code (00 or +)
- Mailbox for voice, numeric & text messages
- Selectable ring and alert tones (8 choices)
- 100-entry internal phonebook, with capacity for multiple phone numbers, email addresses and notes
- Call history retains received, missed and dialed calls
Usage Control Features
- User-configurable call timers to manage costs
- Keypad lock and PIN lock for additional security